Friday, January 14, 2011

Blog Post # 1: Globalization Makes the World Go 'Round

    I think this is a great image that depicts the very heart and sole of globalization. First off, it shows the economic side of globalization with the manufacturing and selling of a specific product to a world wide audience. Especially since this product suits more of a consumer goods audience.
    Secondly, the cooperation for globalization to take place is seen with the social acceptance by this world wide audience in a singular idea. Whether it be money, communication, or ideas the sole driving force behind globalization is the acceptance of other beliefs, peoples, and cultures.
    Finally, I personally believe that globalization is an event that should be celebrated by the world. The idea that all humans on earth can someday speak to each other is amazing. As a technologically challenged individual I will never be able to fully understand how globalization takes place. However, I do know that, just like the faceless people in this picture, I will praise God for and celebrate the awesome resources that are available at my fingertips today.

1 comment: