Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Post # 10: Africa, To aid or not to aid?

            Do I really want to get into this? For the sake of the field of geography I will suck it up and brave sharing my opinion for the harsh words of the critic. I think the problem we have with Africa is the same problem we have back home in America. We give people everything they want without that person ever having to work for that item. I think we are doing the same thing with the African nations we give aid to. We feel so bad for them that we give them everything without thinking about the repercussions for our actions. I think we should still provide aid and relief for those who have proven that they will use it without becoming dependent on it.
            I think we should help build up the African countries like what the British did when the United States was in its own infancy. I think all of the more developed countries around the world should adopt a less developed country and raise it as its own. I know there are obvious drawbacks with this system, but at the very least the less developed countries (especially the African countries) will improve in most aspects of life. Yes, certain countries can exploit the system, but there can be a system in place implemented by the U.N. to monitor the productivity of the mother country and the progress of the infant country. In the end as a collective world we can help spread the wealth a bit from person to person from country to country.

Just a small amount of work that has to be done!


No comments:

Post a Comment